At Augusta Physical Therapy we believe that health is a state of complete physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. We believe that each individual is responsible for his or her own life and possesses the power to achieve an optimum state of health. Empowering individuals to achieve this optimum state of health is the core purpose of Augusta Physical Therapy.
We focus on treating patients as a whole, not just bits and pieces. We keep up with the latest cutting edge therapy techniques and specialize in hands-on manual therapy techniques. Each patient receives hands on therapy and customized exercise programs designed to address their individual needs. A better understanding of your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery allows you to be an active participant in the program. We enjoy teaching with visual aids such as pictures, diagrams and anatomical models. Our goal is to restore maximal function in the most efficient manner, hastening your return to regular daily activity, sports and work.
- Low back pain and Sacroiliac joint problems
- Shoulder replacement and Rotator Cuff rehabilitation
- Upper back and neck disorders
- Hand and wrist injuries and surgeries
- Hip and knee injury and replacement rehabilitation
- Isokinetic testing for objective documentation through the utilization of the KIN-COM machine
- Manual Therapy Techniques as they apply to musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Balance and vestibular disorders
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease and Cardiovascular Accident (CVA)
Everyone here was really great to work with. Their caring and concern created a ‘happy place’ for healing. I learned what I can do at home to take care of my hip and accomplish those things that need to be done. Thank you….I will tell my friends about Augusta Physical Therapy.
When I came here, I could hardly walk or even get up out of the chair. After three weeks of therapy, I am now able to do things that I haven’t been able to do for the last two months. The service here was wonderful.
When I first came to Augusta Physical Therapy, I could hardly walk. I walked lopsided and had been using my cane. I didn’t dare bend or stoop over for any reason. My son was doing everything for me. After three weeks with Alan, things are to the point that I am able to do things for myself and have just gone back to work as a care giver three nights a week. I am deeply appreciative for their help and caring.”
I couldn’t walk very well, when I first came here. I was using a walker and cane and had a lot of back pain also. I am leaving here today with no cane, no walker, and feeling no pain. I am very glad that I came here.